- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Wisdom: What is It? by Tim Keller (What is the Fear of the LORD: Negative Fear vs. Positive Fear)
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
- Tim Keller: "Our Call: Holy Living"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
- Using the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
- Kim Davis and the Sons of Maccabee meet the Jericho Quandary
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Notes on Tim Keller's Sermon: Sickness Unto Death
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure #idealclassisseries Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Belhar book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Chesterton Christmas City Church San Francisco CRC Factions creation 2.0 CS Lewis David Brooks denomination Douthat Dreher Easter Esther Exodus Genesis Greg Boyd Heidelberg Catechism hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Justification Kathy Keller Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard Lent Leviticus marriage Meme of the week Miroslav Volf Moses NT Wright Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Peter Kreeft Piper Prayer Racism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 the book of exodus The book of Leviticus the book of Numbers the Gospel of John The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller Tolkien transgender Walker Percy Yancey
- Kim Davis and the Sons of Maccabee meet the Jericho Quandary wp.me/p10bzQ-3AW 31 minutes ago
- RT @byronborger: You know we promote books by @james_ka_smith Here is a good piece about his work, by a gospel scholar: http://t.co/mnYy9r… 2 hours ago
- RT @ayjay: @DamonLinker Hmmm.... visit this: harpers.org/blog/2015/08/b… and control-F "Weber" 6 days ago
- Time Warner's Hypocrisy in calling out Huckster Evangelists through John Oliver and the Messag… wp.me/p10bzQ-3zZ 1 week ago
- RT @LoveLifeLitGod: Gay Teens Have Higher Rates of Pregnancy Than Straight Teens thegospelcoalition.org/article/gay-te… 3 weeks ago
- How the SCOTUS Decision on Same Sex Marriage made Church Affirmation of Same Sex Marriages Inc… wp.me/p10bzQ-3yZ 3 weeks ago
- Of Monuments and Morals wp.me/p10bzQ-3ym 3 weeks ago
- Zuckerberg wants to talk about miscarriages, given the planned parenthood the timing is illuminating wp.me/p10bzQ-3y3 1 month ago
- Religious Tyranny and Moral Liberty as understood by the Coconut, the Tomato and the Peach wp.me/p10bzQ-3xF #deuteronomy 1 month ago
- You Have to Remember the Coal Miner to Enjoy the Grand Ole Opry wp.me/p10bzQ-3x6 1 month ago
- RT @bronleatweets: "It is not that we don't believe the Lord wants the best for us. It is that we wonder how painful the best will be." ~ C… 1 month ago
- RT @DailyKeller: I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. - G.K. Ch… 1 month ago
- RT @voxdotcom: Want a good public education for your kids? Better be rich first. vox.com/2015/7/21/9006… http://t.co/ryjCe5khtd 1 month ago
- RT @DrLauraSmit: My dad just sent me this great article about our strange understandings of female beauty: goo.gl/9S5wEs. 1 month ago
Category Archives: Pastoral Identity
Four Strategic Challenge Facing the Church Today In our context of deep and rapid chance the most important challenge the church faces is developing leaders in the church that can do the following: Discern the times: With multiple challenges confronting a … Continue reading
Blog Reading I usually try to do some blog reading on Monday mornings. On some Monday mornings I’m particularly weary and needy. Not all, just sometimes. So I’m reading a particularly well done blog post by someone offering some very … Continue reading
Good without God In the theist-atheist debates one of the flash points is morality. Theists like to tell atheists that their morality is foundationless without God. That’s a debatable point in the theoretical and philosophical but I must conceded is … Continue reading
Religion and Mental Illness Read this interesting interview on Sam Harris’ blog where the interviewer was connecting religion with mental illness. I do think there is sound anthropological evidence that the first “priests”, the shamans of Siberia, were probably psychological … Continue reading
The Naked Pastor has a moving and perceptive piece on another moving and perceptive piece by Ted Haggard. Both are worth reading. Haggard notes the one dimensionality problem of some evangelicals. In my case, I was taught that life transformation took place … Continue reading
Weary Pastors I’ve know a lot of pastors. I’ve seen them happy and sad, fresh and broken. I’ve seen a good number of them towards the end of their ministries quietly happy to be done with leading churches and caring … Continue reading
One of the things JRR Tolkien got very right in his epic “Lord of the Rings” was the pull of “mastery” on our hearts. It’s not hard to see that below our strivings with technology, our market strivings, our relational … Continue reading