I never thought of this distinction. Obviously there are some positions where vocational training is more practical, but this blog post taught me something.
- Wheaton "same God" Controversy
- Dorothy Day, "The Road to Character" Chapter 4
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- The Road to Character, Chapter 10, The Big Me, and Summary
- The Road To Character: The Summoned Self, Chapter 2, Francis Perkins
- Book about George Washington's slaves gets yanked
- The Road to Character, Chapter 3, The Eisenhowers plus Sin and Moderation
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure #idealclassisseries Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Belhar book of Leviticus Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco CRC Factions CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks denomination Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James James KA Smith John Suk Jonathan Haidt Justification Kathy Keller Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Miroslav Volf Moses NT Wright Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Phil Vischer Podcast Pope Francis Prayer Racism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Ryan Bell SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus the book of Numbers the Gospel of John The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller Tolkien transgender Walker Percy Yancey
- The Roman cross becomes the Christian cross when the darkness of the tomb is broken paulvanderklay.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/boo… 5 hours ago
- RT @james_ka_smith: A fun snippet from an interview I did with Rich Mouw, about Jim Wallis and the White House: cardus.ca/comment/articl… htt… 6 hours ago
- Without too much Twitter reading I have come to believe that for many Justice is the new Jesus. 8 hours ago
- RT @tnajournal: ESSAY: Alan Jacobs on being known by one's neighbors versus being known by the state thenewatlantis.com/publications/m… @ayjay https:/… 9 hours ago
- Lent Last Year #Lent paulvanderklay.wordpress.com/2015/02/20/has… 1 day ago
- Christian tradition plus contemporary blender of self-expressive spirituality equals postmodern seeking twitter.com/RNS/status/697… 1 day ago
- "even our self-denial is an act of self-expression. Our submission to discipline is converted to act of will power." twitter.com/commentmag/sta… 1 day ago
- If you use Jesus as a fish finder you may discover you want him more than fish wp.me/p10bzQ-4uX 6 days ago
- #realclergybios meets the lectionary. "Go away from me Lord, I am a sinful man." Lk5:8 1 week ago
- Helpful question as @CRCNA tries to figure out what a denom is and how it speaks. twitter.com/RNS/status/694… 1 week ago
- RT @drdominee: #wsymp16 @jtoddbillings The boldest prayer is not the prayer for a cure. 1 week ago
- RT @drdominee: #wsymp16 @jtoddbillings Every cure is temporary. One can be cured but not have σώζω (salvation) 1 week ago
- RT @kplockmeyer: How does the @CRCNA ministry share stack up against other denominations? …nistryshareovertureblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/som… 2 weeks ago
- How Jesus Reveals that our employment of "The Gospel of the marginalized" can be just another … wp.me/p10bzQ-4ra 2 weeks ago
- How easily the nursing of tribal grievances becomes the identity of self-righteousness. Luke 4:22-30 2 weeks ago