- Child Sex Abuse and Cover-up in Sovereign Grace Ministries
- Clean Narratives and the Rape of Dinah
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- How Should Science and Religion Converse?
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
- Andy Crouch on Power, Idolatry and Justice
- Jesus' Backwards Post-Resurrection Plan
- Robert Krulwich gives a Jewish sermon
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Tech tools theological Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Wisdom
Tag CloudActs adaptive change Advent age of decay age to come Bauckham Belhar Change Chesterton creation 2.0 CS Lewis Early Church Easter Eugene Peterson Genesis Greg Boyd Heidelberg Catechism hell idolatry John Calvin John Suk Jonah Justification Keller Kenneth Bailey Kierkegaard Miroslav Volf Mouw NT Wright Peter Kreeft Piper Prayer reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Sin Steve Jobs the self book Tim Keller Tolkien Twitter Wolterstorff wrath Yancey
- Clean Narratives and the Rape of Dinah wp.me/p10bzQ-14M 18 hours ago
- Dallas Willard on "What Is Skepticism For" wp.me/p10bzQ-14C Veritas Forum 1 week ago
- So This is Water, The Water Is Joy wp.me/p10bzQ-14r riffing on David Foster Wallace's commencement set to youtube 1 week ago
- What’s Wrong with “Family Values” | First Things shar.es/lBg3B The nuclear family is not traditional family. by Peter Leithart 2 weeks ago
- Dropping the Idols and Not Letting Go Until He Blesses You wp.me/p10bzQ-13S 2 weeks ago
- Dallas Willard (1935-2013): A Reader’s Appreciation | First Things shar.es/lUorg 2 weeks ago
- RT @MKLeRoy: Calvin College and Seminary administrators are gathering together today to brainstorm about collaboration and mutual support. … 2 weeks ago
- Happy Ascension Day! NT Wright on the meaning of the Ascension wp.me/p10bzQ-48 2 weeks ago
- Pondering Adaptive Change in the CRC wp.me/p10bzQ-13a #crcna 2 weeks ago
- The Executive Director Position and Adaptive Change wp.me/p10bzQ-130 2 weeks ago
- Notes from Andy Crouch's talk on Power wp.me/p10bzQ-12X 2 weeks ago
- When Christians Have Power by Andy Crouch qideas.org/video/power.as… 2 weeks ago
- A Quick and Dirty History of the CRC Denominational Story wp.me/p10bzQ-12T 2 weeks ago
- Should the CRC Even Have An Executive Director Position? wp.me/p10bzQ-12K 2 weeks ago
- Receiving Glory From Blessing Not Religion or Power wp.me/p10bzQ-12m 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Yancey
This is from Philip Yancey’s book The Bible Jesus Read p. 128-129 To whom do you vocalize the most inense, irrational– meaning inchoate, inarticulate– anger? Would you do so with someone who could fire you or cast you out of … Continue reading
Philip Yancey in his chapter on Deuteronomy in The Bible Jesus Read makes this point. BOQ When God makes a list of commandments, Love takes first place, the basis of his whole relationship with humanity. God meets in a tent … Continue reading
I find one of the most difficult aspects of the Christian life to communicate is the last verse of 1 Corinthians 15, the great resurrection chapter. 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NRSV) Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the … Continue reading