- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Wisdom: What is It? by Tim Keller (What is the Fear of the LORD: Negative Fear vs. Positive Fear)
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Eugene Peterson's Advice to Seminary Students
- Notes on Tim Keller's Sermon "Into Jerusalem"
- The Tim Keller Sermon Collection
- "the talk" by a bio prof
- Illustrations from Tim Keller's Sermon "The Gospel in a Pluralistic Culture"
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure #idealclassisseries Acts adaptive change Advent age of decay age to come Anne Rice atheism Bauckham Belhar book of Leviticus Calvin College Chesterton Christmas CRC crc structure creation 2.0 CS Lewis denomination Easter Esther Exodus Facebook Genesis God of the Old Testament Greg Boyd Heidelberg Catechism hell idolatry James John Calvin John Suk Jonah Jonathan Haidt Justification Katy Perry Keller Kenneth Bailey Kierkegaard Lent Leviticus marriage Meme of the week Miroslav Volf Moses Mouw Newbigin NT Wright Palm Sunday Peter Kreeft Piper Prayer raising of lazarus reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Ryan Bell Sin Skye Jethani Steve Jobs Synod the book of exodus The book of Leviticus the Gospel of John the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller Tolkien Twitter Walker Percy Wolterstorff wrath Yancey
- RT @pastorjosh73: @PaulVanderKlay I think you might find this an interesting read on people & atheism (warning language) http://t.co/T4fF5n… 16 hours ago
- RT @craigadams49: Wesley Hill: To Substitute Another Thirst: An Antidote to Moralism in the Same-Sex Marriage Debate firstthings.com/web-exclusives… 3 days ago
- RT @chuckdegroat: Ministry kills us with regard to our ego needs, desire for power and success, & the persistent need to feel competent & i… 3 days ago
- RT @fredharrell: Eugene Peterson’s Advice to Seminary Students | buff.ly/YjJlus 3 days ago
- The Killing Fire of God wp.me/p10bzQ-2tb #leviticus 4 days ago
- RT @chuckdegroat: The real spiritual journey depends on our acknowledging the unmanageability of our lives. Thomas Keating 4 days ago
- RT @markhilbelink: Always surprised at the amount of people I know who "found Jesus" while tripping/high on drugs and then grew into solid … 4 days ago
- RT @TheAtlantic: "Oregon Trail was the antidote to the self-esteem movement that was raging at the time." theatln.tc/1sZlrwq http://t.c… 4 days ago
- Three Christian Books on my shelf Addressing the Genocidal God Objection wp.me/p10bzQ-2sK #moralmonster 5 days ago
- The "God is a Moral Monster" Objection Stated wp.me/p10bzQ-2sF #moralmonster 5 days ago
- How Jesus Invites us to be Religious and not Merely Spiritual wp.me/p10bzQ-2s4 1 week ago
- The Spiritual and the Religious: Is the Territory Changing? …anwilliams.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles.php/1… from 2008 but still fresh today! 1 week ago
- RT @ayjay: "In other words, the Christian alternative to the post-religious spirituality outlined earlier is not..." tmblr.co/ZA1xby1R28VsX 1 week ago
- RT @DrJohnSuk: @PaulVanderKlay Saw this & thought of you & your atheist friends. "Looking for enlightenment but would settle for a cold bee… 1 week ago
- patheos.com/blogs/jesuscre… an interview with the author of Pious Nietzsche 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Tim Keller
How We Don’t Live Out Our Confessionality, Why it is Unintelligible and Offensive to Many, and Why We Need to Stop It
How does a Common Cultural North American understand a church “confession”? Tim Keller in a video on his book Center Church talks about the common baseline assumptions North Americans have with respect to God and religion. He describes it in … Continue reading
Notes I’m taking on Tim Keller’s sermon “Our Call: Holy Living” from 1 Peter 1:13-16 preached on May 18,2014 Becoming a Christian doesn’t mean just “turning over a new leaf”, but Jesus Christ’s resurrection power comes into our lives. That’s … Continue reading
Blue Laws Bergen County’s blue laws — the rules that keep most of the county’s stores closed on Sundays — are being scrutinized for signs of weakness by groups that believe the time is right to repeal them. Politicians have … Continue reading
Preached by Tim Keller January 5 2014 Passage is the Prologue of the Gospel of John It begins with a claim The word is personal The word is divine This person was never created the source of all life That … Continue reading
My notes from Tim Keller’s sermon Wisdom: How To Live It We need wisdom. Three things that characterize a wise life: A glorious fight A guarded heart A living word A Glorious Fight