- Eulogy for My Father Stan Vander Klay
- NT Wright's shocking assertion of what Pentecost means
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
- Tim Keller's Gospel
- My John Suk Fantasy
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Carmen Turns to Kickstarter
- Quote from "On Being" by Peter Atkins
- How Should Science and Religion Converse?
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Tech tools theological Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Wisdom
Tag CloudActs adaptive change Advent age of decay age to come Bauckham Belhar Change Chesterton creation 2.0 CS Lewis Early Church Easter Eugene Peterson Genesis Greg Boyd Heidelberg Catechism hell idolatry John Calvin John Suk Jonah Justification Keller Kenneth Bailey Kierkegaard Miroslav Volf Mouw NT Wright Peter Kreeft Piper Prayer reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Sin Steve Jobs the self book Tim Keller Tolkien Twitter Wolterstorff wrath Yancey
- Dallas Willard on "What Is Skepticism For" wp.me/p10bzQ-14C Veritas Forum 6 days ago
- So This is Water, The Water Is Joy wp.me/p10bzQ-14r riffing on David Foster Wallace's commencement set to youtube 1 week ago
- What’s Wrong with “Family Values” | First Things shar.es/lBg3B The nuclear family is not traditional family. by Peter Leithart 1 week ago
- Dropping the Idols and Not Letting Go Until He Blesses You wp.me/p10bzQ-13S 1 week ago
- Dallas Willard (1935-2013): A Reader’s Appreciation | First Things shar.es/lUorg 1 week ago
- RT @MKLeRoy: Calvin College and Seminary administrators are gathering together today to brainstorm about collaboration and mutual support. … 1 week ago
- Happy Ascension Day! NT Wright on the meaning of the Ascension wp.me/p10bzQ-48 1 week ago
- Pondering Adaptive Change in the CRC wp.me/p10bzQ-13a #crcna 2 weeks ago
- The Executive Director Position and Adaptive Change wp.me/p10bzQ-130 2 weeks ago
- Notes from Andy Crouch's talk on Power wp.me/p10bzQ-12X 2 weeks ago
- When Christians Have Power by Andy Crouch qideas.org/video/power.as… 2 weeks ago
- A Quick and Dirty History of the CRC Denominational Story wp.me/p10bzQ-12T 2 weeks ago
- Should the CRC Even Have An Executive Director Position? wp.me/p10bzQ-12K 2 weeks ago
- Receiving Glory From Blessing Not Religion or Power wp.me/p10bzQ-12m 2 weeks ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: The person who wants the restoration of the earth wants the kingdom of God whether she knows it or not. - Cornelius Plant… 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Saved Blog Comments
It’s easy when we lift our heads up from our local and classical ministries, when viewing this thing way off in GR to ask “how did that happen?” The ED position, together with the BOT emerged and was shaped by … Continue reading
Comment on Rachel Held Evan’s posting about the God of Love These questions are old, hard and multi-layered. They involve: 1. Agency: Did God “cause” this storm, earthquake, virus, cell mutation, car accident, war? Does “allow” feel any differently? 2. … Continue reading
The question came to the pastor’s facebook group. Here was my answer. Scripture is “canon”. What does this mean? It means that it is what the Christian community, the part of the body of Christ moved by the Holy Spirit … Continue reading
John Suk had an interesting posting today on the Trinity and I offered some lengthy comments. Just a brief comment on Constantine and the Trinity. According to Alister McGrath Constantine actually had Arian sympathies rather than Athanasius. The evidence suggests … Continue reading
I wrote this one for CRC-Voices as well but thought that others might benefit from it as well.
First let me say that John’s blog post is indicative of what I like about John. He’s got guts to tell us what he’s thinking and to open up conversations that are dicey and risky especially for ministers. This was … Continue reading