- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Advice Columnist Handles Married Bi-sexual question
- Carmen Turns to Kickstarter
- Robert Krulwich gives a Jewish sermon
- How Should Science and Religion Converse?
- Twitter Updates for 2009-11-24
- Screwtape Letters 23
- A Quick and Dirty History of the CRC Denominational Story
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
- Illustrations from Tim Keller's Sermon "The Gospel in a Pluralistic Culture"
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Tech tools theological Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Wisdom
Tag CloudActs adaptive change Advent age of decay age to come Bauckham Belhar Change Chesterton creation 2.0 CS Lewis Early Church Easter Eugene Peterson Genesis Greg Boyd Heidelberg Catechism hell idolatry John Calvin John Suk Jonah Justification Keller Kenneth Bailey Kierkegaard Miroslav Volf Mouw NT Wright Peter Kreeft Piper Prayer reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Sin Steve Jobs the self book Tim Keller Tolkien Twitter Wolterstorff wrath Yancey
- Dallas Willard on "What Is Skepticism For" wp.me/p10bzQ-14C Veritas Forum 1 week ago
- So This is Water, The Water Is Joy wp.me/p10bzQ-14r riffing on David Foster Wallace's commencement set to youtube 1 week ago
- What’s Wrong with “Family Values” | First Things shar.es/lBg3B The nuclear family is not traditional family. by Peter Leithart 1 week ago
- Dropping the Idols and Not Letting Go Until He Blesses You wp.me/p10bzQ-13S 2 weeks ago
- Dallas Willard (1935-2013): A Reader’s Appreciation | First Things shar.es/lUorg 2 weeks ago
- RT @MKLeRoy: Calvin College and Seminary administrators are gathering together today to brainstorm about collaboration and mutual support. … 2 weeks ago
- Happy Ascension Day! NT Wright on the meaning of the Ascension wp.me/p10bzQ-48 2 weeks ago
- Pondering Adaptive Change in the CRC wp.me/p10bzQ-13a #crcna 2 weeks ago
- The Executive Director Position and Adaptive Change wp.me/p10bzQ-130 2 weeks ago
- Notes from Andy Crouch's talk on Power wp.me/p10bzQ-12X 2 weeks ago
- When Christians Have Power by Andy Crouch qideas.org/video/power.as… 2 weeks ago
- A Quick and Dirty History of the CRC Denominational Story wp.me/p10bzQ-12T 2 weeks ago
- Should the CRC Even Have An Executive Director Position? wp.me/p10bzQ-12K 2 weeks ago
- Receiving Glory From Blessing Not Religion or Power wp.me/p10bzQ-12m 2 weeks ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: The person who wants the restoration of the earth wants the kingdom of God whether she knows it or not. - Cornelius Plant… 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Quotations
Moreover, it is not said that Satan, or any mortal man, wrestled with Jacob, but God himself: to teach us that our faith is tried by him; and whenever we are tempted, our business is truly with him, not only … Continue reading
I posted this last year as a part of sermon post. It informs the adaptive change conversation too. I really hadn’t thought of the Paul story and the Jerusalem collection from this perspective before. I was suspicious, partly because of … Continue reading
Of special significance for the subsequent development of Europe is the work done during the latter part of the fourth century by Christian theologians in discussion with the science of their day. Christopher Kaiser, in his book Creation and the … Continue reading
From Will Willimon Quotes North American parishes are in a bad neighborhood for care-giving. Most of our people (at least those we are willing to include in mainline churches) solve biblically legitimate need (food, clothing, housing) with their check books. … Continue reading
On leadership among the Dutch. Link
From his Commentary on Genesis 10. And Jacob went out. In the course of this history we must especially observe, how the Lord preserved his own Church in the person of one man. For Isaac, on account of his age, … Continue reading
Proof of Heaven: A Doctor’s Experience of the afterlife Eben Alexander MD I’m not the first person to have discovered evidence that consciousness exists beyond the body. Brief, wonderful glimpses of this realm are as old as human history. But as … Continue reading
“Revenge is a subtle form of atheism” Great quote found on my parent’s fridge.