- How Jesus Invites us to be Religious and not Merely Spiritual
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Using the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- The Self is Here to Stay
- Wisdom: What is It? by Tim Keller (What is the Fear of the LORD: Negative Fear vs. Positive Fear)
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Peter Enns on Tim Keller's Take on Same Sex Marriage
- How Should Science and Religion Converse?
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure #idealclassisseries Acts adaptive change Advent age of decay age to come Anne Rice atheism Bauckham Belhar book of Leviticus Calvin College Chesterton Christmas CRC crc structure creation 2.0 CS Lewis denomination Easter Esther Exodus Facebook Genesis Greg Boyd Heidelberg Catechism hell idolatry James John Calvin John Suk Jonah Jonathan Haidt Justification Katy Perry Keller Kenneth Bailey Kierkegaard Lent Leviticus marriage Meme of the week Miroslav Volf Moses Mouw Newbigin NT Wright Palm Sunday Peter Kreeft Piper Prayer raising of lazarus reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Ryan Bell Sin Skye Jethani Steve Jobs Synod the book of exodus The book of Leviticus the Gospel of John the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller Tolkien Twitter Ukraine Walker Percy Wolterstorff wrath Yancey
- How Jesus Invites us to be Religious and not Merely Spiritual wp.me/p10bzQ-2s4 17 hours ago
- The Spiritual and the Religious: Is the Territory Changing? …anwilliams.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles.php/1… from 2008 but still fresh today! 2 days ago
- RT @ayjay: "In other words, the Christian alternative to the post-religious spirituality outlined earlier is not..." tmblr.co/ZA1xby1R28VsX 2 days ago
- RT @DrJohnSuk: @PaulVanderKlay Saw this & thought of you & your atheist friends. "Looking for enlightenment but would settle for a cold bee… 3 days ago
- patheos.com/blogs/jesuscre… an interview with the author of Pious Nietzsche 6 days ago
- Leo Tolstoy's Apt Description of Blogging wp.me/p10bzQ-2r0 1 week ago
- On Living in an Atomic Age by C. S. Lewis: youtu.be/aLBV9qR0d5o 1 week ago
- Do We Build Wonders for Rain or Wonders for Glory? wp.me/p10bzQ-2qE 1 week ago
- What Helped Me Better Understand My Atheist Friends and our Debates about the Meaning of Life wp.me/p10bzQ-2qG 1 week ago
- RT @the_IMFC: Women & children suffer more financially from a #divorce than men. See full #infographic at imfcanada.org/fact-sheet/fin… http://t.c… 1 week ago
- RT @weareyalt: "What Makes Young Evangelicals Less Conservative?" Hanging out with non-diverse groups of people, apparently: http://t.co/ko… 1 week ago
- familiarity breeds neglect. 1 week ago
- Selling a no longer used reptile tank. If you're in Sacto and want it let me know. sacramento.craigslist.org/for/4655487350… 1 week ago
- Men Are Harassed More Than Women Online shar.es/11xh6B via @CathyYoung63 1 week ago
Category Archives: Pastoral Identity
Four Strategic Challenge Facing the Church Today In our context of deep and rapid chance the most important challenge the church faces is developing leaders in the church that can do the following: Discern the times: With multiple challenges confronting a … Continue reading
Blog Reading I usually try to do some blog reading on Monday mornings. On some Monday mornings I’m particularly weary and needy. Not all, just sometimes. So I’m reading a particularly well done blog post by someone offering some very … Continue reading
Good without God In the theist-atheist debates one of the flash points is morality. Theists like to tell atheists that their morality is foundationless without God. That’s a debatable point in the theoretical and philosophical but I must conceded is … Continue reading
Religion and Mental Illness Read this interesting interview on Sam Harris’ blog where the interviewer was connecting religion with mental illness. I do think there is sound anthropological evidence that the first “priests”, the shamans of Siberia, were probably psychological … Continue reading
The Naked Pastor has a moving and perceptive piece on another moving and perceptive piece by Ted Haggard. Both are worth reading. Haggard notes the one dimensionality problem of some evangelicals. In my case, I was taught that life transformation took place … Continue reading
Weary Pastors I’ve know a lot of pastors. I’ve seen them happy and sad, fresh and broken. I’ve seen a good number of them towards the end of their ministries quietly happy to be done with leading churches and caring … Continue reading
One of the things JRR Tolkien got very right in his epic “Lord of the Rings” was the pull of “mastery” on our hearts. It’s not hard to see that below our strivings with technology, our market strivings, our relational … Continue reading