I never thought of this distinction. Obviously there are some positions where vocational training is more practical, but this blog post taught me something.
- YouTube Sex Advice/Norm giver on Sexual Objectification
- Using the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
- "If only you would tear apart the sky and come down!" Advent 1
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Why Religion Doesn't Work and Why God Is So Hidden
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
- The Ten Commandments Sermon Series
- CRC Leadership and the Future of the CRC
- My John Suk Fantasy
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure #idealclassisseries Acts adaptive change Advent age of decay age to come Anne Rice atheism Bauckham Belhar book of Leviticus Calvin College Chesterton Christmas CRC crc structure creation 2.0 CS Lewis denomination Easter Esther Exodus Facebook Genesis God of the Old Testament Greg Boyd Heidelberg Catechism hell idolatry James John Calvin John Suk Jonah Jonathan Haidt Justification Katy Perry Keller Kenneth Bailey Kierkegaard Lent Leviticus marriage Meme of the week Miroslav Volf Moses Mouw Newbigin NT Wright Palm Sunday Peter Kreeft Piper Prayer raising of lazarus reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Ryan Bell Sin Skye Jethani Steve Jobs Synod the book of exodus The book of Leviticus the Gospel of John the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller Tolkien Twitter Walker Percy Wolterstorff wrath Yancey
- RT @EricJDirksen: #Advent helps us because, in our waiting, we are forced to reckon and do business with the (apparent) absence of God. 3 days ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: The preaching of the Gospel is like sowing the seed, and therefore we ought to wait patiently for the time of reaping - C… 3 days ago
- "If only you would tear apart the sky and come down!" Advent 1 wp.me/p10bzQ-2GT 3 days ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: Lo, the world falleth; the Christian standeth firm; because Christ doth not fall. - Augustine 3 days ago
- You're in luck @EricJDirksen I'm back in the lectionary for Advent. This week's text is Isaiah 64. 3 days ago
- RT @DailyKeller: “We only fully grasp the gospel when we understand, as Paul did, that we are the worst sinner we know.” 3 days ago
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals? theweek.com/article/index/… The title is outputting but the piece is sober and important. 3 days ago
- Unbroken, the Hollywood Movie wp.me/p10bzQ-2Gx , and the angst I'm already feeling about a great story. 4 days ago
- Is There A Third Way for the Church on Same Sex Marriage? wp.me/p10bzQ-2G1 via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
- Why Bless A Dying Generation #Numbers paulvanderklay.wordpress.com/2014/11/21/why… http://t.co/GagYesk0Iu 1 week ago
- Would it be wonderful if we invented a way so that so that all could share their opinion and their voice be heard? theatlantic.com/politics/archi… 1 week ago
- RT @DrJohnSuk: #KarenArmstron "Fields of Blood." On #Constantine. "It was clearly easier to imperialize the faith than to Christianize the … 2 weeks ago
- RT @rpccrcreggie: Segregated Surveys: How Politics Keeps Evangelicals White via @CTMagazine rpx.me/bWvw 2 weeks ago
- Burt Reynolds, Jephthah and God's price list to get out of stupid vows. paulvanderklay.wordpress.com/2014/11/14/the… 2 weeks ago
- Mr Robinson's Neighborhood screen.yahoo.com/snl-iconic-ski… via @YahooScreen 2 weeks ago