- NT Wright's shocking assertion of what Pentecost means
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- CS Lewis on our problem being that we desire too little
- Eulogy for My Father Stan Vander Klay
- Are you asking for a sign? Praying for clarity?
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
- How Should Science and Religion Converse?
- Tim Keller quotes BB Warfield in a sermon on miracles
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Tech tools theological Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Wisdom
Tag CloudActs adaptive change Advent age of decay age to come Bauckham Belhar Change Chesterton creation 2.0 CS Lewis Early Church Easter Eugene Peterson Genesis Greg Boyd Heidelberg Catechism hell idolatry John Calvin John Suk Jonah Justification Keller Kenneth Bailey Kierkegaard Miroslav Volf Mouw NT Wright Peter Kreeft Piper Prayer reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Sin Steve Jobs the self book Tim Keller Tolkien Twitter Wolterstorff wrath Yancey
- Dallas Willard on "What Is Skepticism For" wp.me/p10bzQ-14C Veritas Forum 3 days ago
- So This is Water, The Water Is Joy wp.me/p10bzQ-14r riffing on David Foster Wallace's commencement set to youtube 6 days ago
- What’s Wrong with “Family Values” | First Things shar.es/lBg3B The nuclear family is not traditional family. by Peter Leithart 1 week ago
- Dropping the Idols and Not Letting Go Until He Blesses You wp.me/p10bzQ-13S 1 week ago
- Dallas Willard (1935-2013): A Reader’s Appreciation | First Things shar.es/lUorg 1 week ago
- RT @MKLeRoy: Calvin College and Seminary administrators are gathering together today to brainstorm about collaboration and mutual support. … 1 week ago
- Happy Ascension Day! NT Wright on the meaning of the Ascension wp.me/p10bzQ-48 1 week ago
- Pondering Adaptive Change in the CRC wp.me/p10bzQ-13a #crcna 1 week ago
- The Executive Director Position and Adaptive Change wp.me/p10bzQ-130 1 week ago
- Notes from Andy Crouch's talk on Power wp.me/p10bzQ-12X 1 week ago
- When Christians Have Power by Andy Crouch qideas.org/video/power.as… 1 week ago
- A Quick and Dirty History of the CRC Denominational Story wp.me/p10bzQ-12T 1 week ago
- Should the CRC Even Have An Executive Director Position? wp.me/p10bzQ-12K 1 week ago
- Receiving Glory From Blessing Not Religion or Power wp.me/p10bzQ-12m 2 weeks ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: The person who wants the restoration of the earth wants the kingdom of God whether she knows it or not. - Cornelius Plant… 2 weeks ago
Monthly Archives: June 2009
Eugene Peterson is God’s prophet calling out to American clergy. His book “Under the Unpredictable Plant” is one of his clearest oracles on the subject. I have shopped his term “ecclesiastical pornography” more than once. Here’s the quote: “Parish glamorization … Continue reading
This was from a conversation about pastors from CRC-Voices I have a friend who is a pastor and his father is a doctor. He told his son “I feel sorry for you. I don’t have to be friends with all … Continue reading
RT @djchuang: Forbes article : America's Biggest Megachurches: http://u.mavrev.com/el6b # RT @JohnPiper: One of the most important paragraphs I ever read: First paragraph of C. S. Lewis' "The Weight of Glory" http://ow.ly/fNut # RT @ahc: The next church trend is … Continue reading
The “roundtable” on George Stephanopoulos’ “This week” spent a lot of time on Mark Sanford. The comments we feel most compelled to make regarding this tend to be to share our calculus of moral judgment. One of the interesting takes … Continue reading
Why pray the Psalms. Psalm 55. Have you been betrayed? Do you desire evil for those who have wronged you? http://bit.ly/4zTTDK # Powered by Twitter Tools.
This year at the Sierra Leadership Network we’ve done a lot with the Psalms. I’ve found this to be a helpful thing. One speaker, Tim Brown, the president of Western Seminary in Holland MI noted that our imaginations are too … Continue reading
RT @chuckdegroat: RT @sagethefool: Piper & Wright on justification—and what difference it makes http://tinyurl.com/n9xstd # RT @donkee: Freedom to determine our own moral standards is considered a necessity for being fully human in our culture. Tim Keller # Reformed food … Continue reading
Salon on the Governor Mark Sanford affair, real, not plastic http://bit.ly/1gA4Ba # American romance and marriage: can't live with it, can't live without it http://bit.ly/JSxi6 # Time: Seeking clarity on hate crime legislation http://bit.ly/n5sbm # NY Times review of The … Continue reading
twitter,the internet and social revolutions from PCMAG http://bit.ly/ZTKTr # Salon interviews Robert Wright "The Evolution of God" another "real history" http://bit.ly/CSRig # Powered by Twitter Tools.
The CRCNA and Belhar: adoption vs. embrace. Does mere adoption honor its authors? http://bit.ly/uNAQ7 # Belhar as signal the CRC is following from the pragmatic (church growth) back to new hot tensions (emergent/Reformed) http://bit.ly/10RZUc # Powered by Twitter Tools.